martedì 29 luglio 2014

My Exclusive Interview with PAIGE MOSELEY



After graduating from North Carolina School of The Arts with a BFA in Theatre, Moseley relocated to New York City, where he appeared in numerous Off Broadway theatrical productions. In 1985, Page moved to Los Angeles after landing the role of Dylan Hartley on daytime's Santa Barbara. Two years later, Page started his own entertainment company, Pager Inc., that helped promote small theater productions in and around Winston-Salem and Charlotte, North Carolina. At the same time, he also made numerous guest appearances on various television series in the 1980s and 1990s, like Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place. He gave up acting in 1995.



Dylan came to Santa Barbara on the board of a burning aircraft, falling into the ocean,  swimming to the beach, where Julia Wainwright (Nancy Lee Grahn) looks at him emerging from the waves. So you came to the show with a bang! Can you tell us something about your audition?

I had to audition 5 times for the role! They put me on tape 1 time and I was told that was it...they then called to days later and said they wanted me to test again. My agent said forget it, but I said I would go in one more time...I got the role.

Your character was created by Bridget and Jerome Dobson  (SB creators). Which are your memories of them?

I really don't remember the Dobsons that well…

Dylan Hartley is the antithesis of his brother Nick: an adventurer, gold prospector, cunning, ruthless, a devious but impossible to dislike character. Were you comfortable with the plot and the character?

As the character started to turn darker I wish they had still given him some opportunities to still be fun. But alas, he became so dark and evil...he had to go. It would have been fun to bring in another female character to try to have a triangle.

Kathy Shower (Janice)
At the beginning it seemed that writers were planning a romantic relationship between Dylan and Julia. But Dylan’s first interest on the show was Janice Harrison, played by Kathy Shower - Playmate of the year. Which are your memories about Grahn and Shower?

Kathy Shower was a blast and very beautiful. I don't know why they never had Julia and I get together. That would have been fun. She was a very playful person.

Kelly was the woman who literally drove Dylan mad. Can you share with us your memories of Robin Wright? Do you have any anecdotes?

Robin never wanted to rehearse. It drove me crazy. We had a tough time getting along at times...Robin was a spoiled little BRAT!!! I think that led to me getting knock off the show. No regrets. She has certainly done well.

David Haskell (Nick) and Moseley
I do not know if you know it: David Haskell (Nick) died in 2000 due to an illness. What kind of person was he? Do you have any anecdotes about him?

David Haskell was a very nice person and fun to work with. I used to see him around town and at a Christmas tree lot at his church. We talked several times before his passing.

Finally Dylan became obsessed by Kelly and when he threatened her with a gun, she defenestrate him in self defense. I was very shocked and Kelly too. Dylan left the show after just seven months: it was your choice or not?

Not my choice to leave the show. I think the relationship between the two actors had gotten to the point of no return. If they had liked me enough they would have set me up with a different storyline. I was a little wild back then.

Have you attached to someone of SB cast and crew? Who?

I used to party with some of the crew after shooting for the day. I think this was frowned upon:) Really, I remember everyone kinda splitting after work and doing there own thing.

What do you do today? This interview is designed primarily for the Italian public. In our country “Santa Barbara” was very much loved and followed. Have you ever been in Italy? What do you know about our country? Do You want to say something to the Italian public who loved Dylan?


Today, I am in the Mortgage industry. I work for a bank called Surety Financial. My last acting work was on Melrose Place in 1995. I stopped to start a family and my mortgage business. It is a dream to come to Italy. When I come I want to visit the smaller towns and villages to really get to know the people and culture, drink some wine, eat and make some great food and live in the moment. Thanks and Ciao!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

CHI E' COLLEGATO?