martedì 25 dicembre 2012

Soap Actor Peter Love enjoying lounge performances

- Ric Castillo on SANTA BARBARA -


Soap fans know Peter Love as an actor whose credits include stints on “Ryan's Hope” and “Santa Barbara” (ex Ric Castillo). Now, soap fans, and anybody else who enjoys hearing good music in nice surroundings, can get to know Love as a musician and singer who plays January 1, 2013 at Vinyl at the Hard Rock Hotel, 4455 Paradise Road with  his “Welcome to My Living Room” show, as Las Vegas Report-Journal reported.

Love's dad was a musician, and his mom was a flamenco artist. Not surprisingly, music was a key aspect of Love's childhood.

My father was always buying a musical instrument of some sort or another, going to auctions and buying them,” Love says. “I just gravitated toward learning guitar and piano, mostly, but whatever instrument he'd bring home, in my spare time I'd learn to play.”

Love eventually would move to California to pursue a career in acting and music. Actually, he admits, “I was really interested in music but, somehow or another, by accident, I ended up a leading man on a soap opera. But my main focus, my main interest, was always on singing and performing.”

Love moved to Las Vegas in 2004 and began playing lounges along the Strip. Then, shortly after returning to L.A. in 2008, he received a call to return here to play Hank's, a venue that Love says he “had always wanted to play.”

There, Love plays music from the late '60s to today by artists ranging from Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones to Nirvana, Maroon 5 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Whatever the era or the genre, “I love music that makes you sad or happy or that makes you laugh or cry,” Love says. “I just love music, so I don't really gravitate toward any one particular type of music.”

Love also enjoys playing music in a way that spans generations.



If you want to have some fun, stop in and watch musicians play and jam when they're not being paid,” Love says. “It's like an old-style Las Vegas show. You get off of your show, meet up with friends, find someplace that has a piano and a guitar and just jam all night.”




pic #2 is from Capridge.com

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

CHI E' COLLEGATO?