domenica 28 ottobre 2012

Halloween in Capwell Mansion - 1985




Halloween is getting near, and Gina decorates the house with pumpkin heads and skeletons. When she sees Brandon hanging a skeleton on the door of CC's room, she takes it off, telling him he can put it anywhere in the house but in this room. While they are talking, Brandon asks her if she is planning on getting a costume for Halloween, and she tells him she will be dressed as a witch (referring to Eden of course).

"Let me die...Let me die..." - says the voice coming from Gina's tape. CC suddenly opens his eyes. Gina is terrified when she notices it. "My god!" - she whispers with horror. Eden, totally unstable and thinking she's hearing her father's voice, closes the door behind her. Sophia passes in the corridor outside CC's room, and notices Eden before the door is closed. "Poor daddy" - cries Eden as she approaches CC...
Can you see me?" - asks Eden, knealing near CC's bed. "My heart breaks everytime I see you like this. I know what you told me to do. Twice you told me, I didn't forget. Daddy, I'm here. Eden's here". CC just stares at her. "I love you daddy. I love you more than I love myself. I love you more than I love Cruz!". Gina is in the closet, hearing every word. "Go ahead Eden. Pull the plug! So I won't have to..." - Gina says in her heart. Eden continues to talk to her father: "I've been so tortured, I didn't know whether to disobey you, but now I've decided what I'm going to do. You've trusted me with the business and your life's work, and your life - you put them in my hands. I hate these machines daddy, I really hate them. They just go on and on. They don't care about the pain, the hopelessness..." - Eden bursts into tears again. "I wore this dress daddy because it was your favorite. In my dreams I'm always wearing it, and I've tried to get rid of it because it frightened me. I don't know why but I still have it!". Eden gets up. "In my dreams I just keep...I do...I do exactly what you want me to do..." - Eden approaches slowly to the plug. CC starts to blink, his pulse is getting rapid. Eden reaches a trembling hand to the plug. "Do it Eden. Do it now!" - Gina begs in her heart. "Do it! Pull it! You know you want it, so do it Eden, do it! Go ahead!" - hopes an anxious Gina, but Eden can't make herself pull the plug - and faints.

"Get up Eden, come one, get up! You can do it!" - thinks Gina, but Eden lies motionless on the floor. Gina decides to act, and goes out of the closet. Suddenly, CC's hand moves as if he was trying to grab Gina's arm. "My God! You moved!! Am I imagining this?!" - Gina panics and moves away, but CC follows her with his eyes. "Can you see me?" - asks a horrified Gina. "Eden, don't pass out on me now!" - Gina shakes Eden. "Finish what you've started, you were so close! Don't give up now! Eden, can you hear me?". Gina moves her look from Eden to CC, who is still watching her. "Your eyes...they move! Can you see me?! Can you see me??" - Gina can't bare to look at CC anymore. "I'm not doing anything! I didn't do anything, stop looking at me!". CC blinks. "Stop it, I can't stand it!!" - shouts Gina.
CC's life are still in danger. He looks at Gina, his heart beats very fast. "Stop looking at me like that! This is what you wanted, this is what you've asked for, so you're going to get it! Your darling Eden is going to do it. This is what you wanted, isn't it?" - Gina grabs Eden's hand, but can't face CC. "You have no right to look at me like this! I was the one who was hurt by this marriage, not you!". Then she takes a deep breath, and puts Eden's hand on the plug. "Goodbye CC. See you in hell...". Gina uses Eden's hand to pull the plug...

A moment of silence. The sound of the machine is no longer heard. The respirator stops working. Gina freezes. "It's done. It's over." - she says with a low voice. Then she hears a weak cough. She looks up at CC - and sees him moaning weakly for a few moments, then his eyes are closed. After a few seconds, an alarm breaks off. "No!!!" - Gina screams horrified.

It is the beginning of a nightmare for Eden, culminating in a marriage with Kirk Cranston. Everything happened on Halloween in 1985. In Santa Barbara. Can you imagine a story scarier than this?





Synopsis from Santa Barbara Home Page

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

CHI E' COLLEGATO?