mercoledì 18 gennaio 2012

OPEN LETTER TO JUDITH McCONNELL




Dear Judith McConnell ....
I was reluctant to write an open letter to you via facebook, but after having thrown in the ocean dozens of messages in some bottles, I decide to surrender to the facebook’ power.
My name is Pierpaolo, I'm 32 years old  and I live in Turin, Northern Italy. I grew up with my grandmother, Grazia and we watched Santa Barbara from the first episode to the last. We have spent entire afternoons in front of the TV laughing at the antics of Gina, to get passionate about the turbulent love affair between Eden & Cruz and trying to figure out who the hell had killed Channing Capwell Jr.!
Now she is gone. She passed away three years ago, and I really miss her, but I am especially happy to have had her as my grandmother.

She loved especially your Sophia. Every time she watched you in action, she said: "How beautiful is Sophia!" My grandmother' older sister was called Sofia and she was the most beautiful woman of her country in 1940. In recent years my grandmother was suffering from senile dementia and she could barely recognize some faces, including your. And when I asked her: "Grandma, who is that beautiful woman on television?", She did not know how answer, but as I said to her: "Grandma, she is Sophia. Do you remember?" She smiled and told me: "How beautiful is Sophia." I’ll never know if she was referring to you or to her sister. Maybe it is not important. What really matters is that, when my grandmother did not remember anything about her past and her present, she remembered that somewhere in life she said "How beautiful is Sophia." And then a light, your light  sweeps away that fog and her eyes sparkled. This is a kind of miracle: when all it seems lost, something happens and a glimmer opens up.
So I started a site to celebrate SANTA BARBARA, who has taught me to love the Good and the Bad, Light and Dark, the Sublime and the Ridiculous in one throw of the dice!
Dear Judith, I hope you're well and then I would wish to tell you "How beautiful you are!". Hoping that this light comes up to you.

All the Best,
Pierpaolo

6 commenti:

  1. Oh, my God! I also watched Santa Barbara with my grandma. She passed away on January, 19, 1998. And during this day in Russia there was aired the last episode of Santa Barbara with Lane Davies. And Santa Barbara was finished for me. Such a sad coincidence. We watch it together with grandma from the first episodes till the end in that January... Santa Barbara was incredibly popular in for Soviet Union. The most favourite character was adorable Mason Capwell. I love all his scenes with Sophia. Good memories. Thanks a lot!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Thanks a lot El-risha! Thanks for having share your memories with us! Welcome!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Love your article, Pier!Thanks so much!!I really hope she can see this!!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. bellissima lettera pier..mi sono commossa..spero che Judith, che anche io come te e tua nonna ho tanto amato, possa in qualche modo risponderti..e dare a te e a tutti noi una grande gioia..io sono cresciuta con santa barbara...mi ricordo le giornate lunghe e tristi a scuola, in cui non vedevo l'ora di uscire per correre a vedere la mia Sophia..era lei che adoravo più di tutti...sì..bei ricordi...quelli di santa barbara....quelli della magica storia tra sophia e c.c..che emozioni!!! Judith, ovunque tu sia, ti auguro di stare bene..ed essere felice...e pier, lo auguro anche a te....grazie..Silvia

      Elimina
    2. Grazie seviila3, Grazie Silvia. Auguro altrettanto a tutti voi! ;)

      Elimina
  4. Dear Pierpaolo,

    to get in touch with Judith, you could maybe ask Robert Thaler. He implied/said during one of his chat session on the Russian website dedicated to him, that he knows how to contact her. Judith on her side, said that she met Robert on the road.
    Btw, did someone ver told you that you are a great interviewer ? *bows*
    Catherine

    RispondiElimina

CHI E' COLLEGATO?